He was one of a dozen Canadians who brokered The Task Force on the Future of North America into the more watered down Waco Pact signed by Paul Martin, Vicente Fox, and George Bush in March 2005.
The original Task Force of which Michael Wilson was a member made the following recommendations:
- a North American resource pact allowing greater trade and investment in non-renewable resources, such as oil, gas, and water
- an integrated N.A. electrical grid
- a common N.A. currency
- a N.A. passport
- a N.A. security perimeter
- an educational project to teach the idea of a "shared N.A. identity" in schools
- a harmonization of immigration and refugee policies with the US
- a trilateral threat intelligence center with the US and Mexico
And this is the guy who is going to "Stand Up For Canada" ?