Conservative Convention Constitution Resolutions '08 :
Pillaged from the much more colourful live-blogging of Dr. Dawg and Kady O'Malley :
P-106 - "encourage the provinces and territories to further experiment with different means of delivering universal health care utilizing both the public and private health sectors" - DEFEATED
Although "This motion will bring fodder to our enemies when it’s not necessary" is not a very reassuring reason for its defeat.
Ditto : relying on "the invisible hand of Adam Smith".
P-202 - Reaffirm support for the Charter, including the Notwithstanding Clause - PASSED
Despite being referred to as "a deeply flawed document"
P-203 - stripping Canadian Human Rights Commission of the power to investigate complaints under Section 13 (hate speech) -PASSED
No surprise here as the CHRC is usually investigating ReformaCon supporters
P-207 - legislation to make assault causing harm to fetus a separate crime - PASSED
"Separate crime" being the operative words here = anti-abortion
P-213 - removal of support for full gender equality, also equal pay for equal work - PASSED
Despite one dude's complaint that it didn't address full gender equality for men!
P-223 - audit of aboriginal programs - PASSED
More hassling of the already audited-to-death FNs
P-308 - anti-union/right to work/support for workers who don’t want to take part in a strike - PASSED
Yeah - right to choose lower wages! Go children of the tar sands!
P-105 - offshore oil and resource exploration (drill baby drill) - PASSED
h/t to Gary Lunn for all his outstanding work in promoting another Exxon Valdez
So although Mr Comfy Sweater will be along later to tell them all to stuff it if they ever expect to see a majority government, this is face the CRAP party chooses to turn on Canada today.
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- ► 2009 (343)
- We, the undersigned citizens from C.R.A.P.,
- We, the undersigned citizens of Canada,
- Steve blinks : Non-Confidence Motion and Coalition...
- CBC poll : Yo! Canadians! Listen up!
- Let the kid keep the pony
- $7,700,000,000,000? Holy crap!
- More no-fly list nonsense
- Critter rights
- Taser™ Nation
- Harper and Uribe shake hands on free trade deal
- Somali pirates in Discussions to Acquire Citigroup...
- The "Afghanistan job fair"
- The state of corporate welfare
- And they're back!
- The Manning Centre for Building Democracy
- Corporate welfare fraud
- CON³ cranks up the anti-abortion wurlitzer
- The Con Con Con Res '08
- Stay classy, NaPo
- "O.K., coffee break's over. Everyone back on your ...
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights turns 60...
- Lo and behold: the $100M Olympic Village bail-out
- The North American tar sands - a recent short hist...
- Con Convention '08 : Running with scissors
- Home for portrait gallery nixed
- Genetically modified genocide
- Congratulations, America
- Sea Smurfs
- Braidwood Inquiry to subpoena RCMP officers
- Is it over yet?
- World Wildlife Fund - WTF?
- Yes, where are all the "good Canadians"?
- Whistleblowers protecting BC farmland muzzled
- ▼ November (34)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- Canadian Cynic
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- hairy fish nuts
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada