In an operation that paralelled their domestic program of keeping tabs on left-wing activity on campuses in the US, Operation "MH Chaos" targeted anti-war poli-sci Prof. Mordecai Briemberg at SFU and other student activists.
Yeah, I know. Quel surprise.
Other declassified "Family Jewels" :
- Enlisting the mob to assassinate Castro with poison
- Testing LSD and other drugs on unwitting victims
- Wiretapping US journalists at home and at work
- Spying on civil rights and anti-Vietnam War protesters
- CIA meetings leading up to the Watergate burglary
- Breaking in to the homes of ex-CIA employees
- The torture of KGB defector Yuri Nosenko
- Keeping files on members of Congress and 9,900+ Americans in the anti-war movement
So -- 9/11 didn't change that much after all.