A panel of RCMP officers in Saskatchewan has concluded it can't deal with a constable's complaint of sexual harassment involving her supervisor because the case took too long.
Const. Laura Lehne, who is on leave without pay, made her complaint in 2004 and her allegations were investigated and found to have merit, however former head of the RCMP Saskatchewan, Darrell McFadyen, missed a deadline to file papers on the case by one month so the case was thrown out today.
RCMP : "The complaint of harassment was deemed to be founded although with this ruling, formal discipline has now ended."
Const. Lehne : ""I knew if they dragged their feet, they would miss the timelines. It gets thrown out today. And we knew [as] we watched that this was going to occur ... The only person who loses in this is me. The RCMP walk away from any accountability."
In 2002, nine officers were being investigated in Prince George for links to underage prostitutes. Const. Justin Harris was alleged to have had sex with prostitutes between 13 and 15 years old.
In 2004, a disciplinary hearing was initiated.
In 2006, the case was thrown out because senior officers in the B.C. headquarters took too long to investigate and lay charges.
In 2001, Burnaby RCMP Const. Michael Pratt -- who was criminally convicted of assaulting a woman during a routine traffic stop -- had his disciplinary charges thrown out because the time limit had expired.
In Oct 2006, then Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day said his government was looking into changing the RCMP Act to prevent misconduct investigations from being thrown out due to taking too long.
So how's that coming along?
- ► 2014 (106)
- ► 2013 (138)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- CSIS just fine with tips "extracted" via torture
- Braidwood Inquiry : Blaming the victim
- George Galloway update : Would anyone else care to...
- F Words 2009!
- George Galloway Petitions : Let Him Speak vs Keep ...
- Canada throws up yet another roadblock to Abdelraz...
- George Galloway runs smack into the Canada-Israel ...
- RCMP : Getting away with murder
- Captioning the Braidwood Inquiry
- Braidwood Inquiry - The return of the Staples Defe...
- Canadian Club on Ice begins today
- Braidwood Inquiry resumes tomorrow; William Elliot...
- Canadians plan physical escort of Galloway into Ca...
- George Galloway vs the Canadian director of the Je...
- Matt Taibbi : The Big Takeover
- Jason Kenney spokesthingey Alykhan Velshi is an in...
- Canada bans Galloway
- RCMP runs out the clock on another inquiry
- Harper slashes RCMP watchdog funding
- The free market : it isn't free and it isn't a mar...
- Kady liveblogs the Manning Netwonking Conference
- Cramer vs Stewart
- Abdelrazik has his ticket!
- Cons to bring back anti-terrorism powers
- UN report on torture and rendition cites Canada
- "AirShow" MacKay's excellent NATO audition
- Viva Palestina! convoy has entered Gaza!
- Emma celebrates International Women's Day
- Viva Palestina! - media blackout
- The Canada-US Project : Deep integration redux
- Canada, Sudan, and the stench of hypocrisy
- Braidwood Inquiry : Can't get their stories straig...
- Braidwood Inquiry - A third officer is forced to r...
- The "Master Narrative" on Afghanistan
- ▼ March (34)
- ► 2008 (356)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- Canadian Cynic
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- hairy fish nuts
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada