Notes for Remarks by The Honourable Michael Wilson, PC, OC
Canadian Ambassador to the United States
"Advancing the North American Economic Area"
North American Forum
Washington, D.C. June 17, 2008
It's standard fare from the Canadian ambassador so I'll just pull out a few key quotes for you :
"I am looking forward to this morning’s discussion on "Enhancing Economic Integration and Competitiveness." This is a top priority for Canada."
"Building a competitive North American platform is essential"
"to engage the world as a North American economic powerhouse."
"a strong, dynamic, and increasingly integrated North American economy."
"we need to continually position ourselves better — position North America better"
"we build things together for North America"
"to improve the quality, price, or value of every North American product"
"North America will compete successfully with the giants of the world economy"
"the North American economic partnership is working"
"we can improve the safety of products available throughout the North American marketplace"
"developing a sectoral approach to improving North American competitiveness"
"We [Canada] are champions for improvements to the infrastructure that our North American industries depend on."
"committed to keeping the North American supply chain running smoothly"
" the North American competitive advantage."
"the movement of legitimate goods and people is an important challenge we all share within North America."
"North American leaders now meet regularly"
"the North American economic area"
"Global value chains allow North American producers to source lower-cost inputs"
"new export opportunities for North America"
"we must stake-out a strategic position for North American companies"
"challenges facing North American citizens"
"Economic integration is happening. Our businesses and consumers are making it happen"
OK, so that was about a third of his speech.
I realize it's called the North American Forum but it would be nice if the Canadian ambassador was not so keen to represent "economic integration" with the US as a "top priority for Canada".
Michael Wilson was introduced to this year's forum by Canadian Council of Chief Executives President Tom d’Aquino. He must be so proud. Mike does his North American branding just the way Tom likes it.
h/t Integrate This!
- ► 2016 (66)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (129)
- ► 2013 (138)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- ► 2009 (343)
- New 'waterfronts' in fair and balanced reporting
- Babes in bikinis vs the coronary stent
- Priorities, people, priorities
- SPP : Outsourcing food safety to industry Pt 2
- And helicopters. Will there also be helicopters?
- This week in neocon nonsense
- Bombing them back to the throwing stones age
- Second annual west coast blogger meet-up. Join t...
- One war resister down - 200+ more to go
- Steve and Kory and Fucking Young People
- More magic pudding
- Kick Ass Blogger Award
- Death by pudding or parking lot
- Tony Clement and his angels of death
- US to take over Afghan mission, Taliban threatens ...
- Christian the Lion
- Harper doesn't have a hidden agenda...
- CanConPron, eh?
- Go for it, Steve, you arrogant ass.
- Annual Canadian Conference of Chiefs of Police, br...
- Harper's war on culture
- Afghanistan : 28,000 mercenaries from 73 different...
- Steve and Kory and a box of hammers
- Omar Khadr v. Canada
- "If you are not a member of the RCMP's highly trai...
- Don't mention Canada. I did once but I think I got...
- Westboro Baptist Church, aka godhateseveryonebutme...
- How would you rank your interest in the Olympics?
- Steve and Kory fail the Komagata Maru test
- Republicans and Cons - just one big happy family
- Time to put criticisms of Beijing aside
- Harper's war on the Canadian Wheat Board
- The SPP is dead - Long live the SPP
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- Canadian Cynic
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada
- hairy fish nuts