From Harper's televized election campaign ad to the nation tonight :
"The opposition is attempting to impose this deal without your say, without your consent and without your vote. This is no time for backroom deals with the separatists. A coalition with separatists cannot help Canada."
Tuesday, CTV : Stockwell Day, Minister of Hyperbole :
"The brutal fact here is that something has happened that has never happened before in Canadian history. And that is two federal leaders have actually signed a deal with a separatist party whose goal it is to destroy the country."
Wednesday, G&M : Bloc part of secret coalition plot in 2000 with Canadian Alliance
"A document obtained by The Globe and Mail shows that the scheme would have propelled then Alliance leader Stockwell Day to power in the coalition
The Bloc Québécois was part of secret plotting in 2000 to join a formal coalition with the two parties that now make up Stephen Harper's government.
At the time, the Alliance was ready to fly Mr. Day from his BC riding to Calgary to pick up Mr. [Joe] Clark on the way to Ottawa, where the deal was to be presented to the Governor-General in the event of a minority Parliament."
Wednesday, The Star : Stockwell Day : "My DNA would never allow me to do a deal with the socialists and my heart would never allow me to do a deal with the separatists," Day said, claiming he never saw or heard about the document until last night.
But minutes later, a BQ official handed out the letter sent by Day.
It proposed "a new consensus government" that would be led by "Stockwell Day as Prime Minister of Canada."
It referenced talks that had been held on ministers' jobs, a speech from the throne, and what support the BQ would provide, as well as Joe Clark, then-leader of the PC party."
Plus there was Harper's own attempted deal with the Bloc in 2004 when he was trying to unseat the minority government of Paul Martin.
And yet somehow the HarperCons expect us to be appalled and frightened that the present coalition is doing out in plain sight of everyone the same thing the Cons did in secret.
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (129)
- ► 2013 (138)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- ► 2009 (343)
- Would somebody like to sing "Do They Know It's Chr...
- Steve to Bruinooge : STFU
- Con MP inexplicably goes on and on about auctionin...
- "SPP : Kill it, recast it, or rebrand it"
- Best of the merry happy jolly
- And the little kid gets to keep his pony
- Six mil poly
- In a perfect world
- Steve's Big Stocking Stuffer Senate "Reform"
- Harper's CTV Christmas Special
- "Here's how we fix Canada's political mess"
- Man of Steel vs. the Incredible Shrinking Mandate
- Hello, soldier!
- "It's still Canada"
- It's Time To Go Right Off the Deep End.ca
- Dziekanski's death his own fault apparently
- Budget 2009 : Open door policy!
- No charges for RCMP who killed Dziekanski
- News, propaganda, psy ops - whatever
- Rumours of the coalition
- A coronation if necessary but not necessarily a co...
- Another great RepubliCon idea
- Olympic Athletes Village, developing...
- Manley : Screw the coalition - go straight for col...
- Dear leaders of the coalition : Obama-size now
- To the coalition : Keep Meeting
- Steve pulls the fire alarm and walks into the exam...
- Prorogue just means recess
- HarperCons : Well, it's different when we do it
- The separatists are coming! The separatists are co...
- All the news that fits the spin
- Reality vs Steve ... and Chuck and Jim too apparen...
- A Canadian coalition
- Emma the Embryo and Steve's FU fans
- Dear Con talk show shlocktroops
- ▼ December (36)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- Canadian Cynic
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada
- hairy fish nuts