That's your defence - staples?
That there was the possibility of staples?
You RCMP lawyers have fucking lost it.
Millions watched four RCMP zap Robert Dziekanski within seconds of meeting him, kneel on his upper body till he was dead, and then stand around making no attempt to revive him.
We heard the immediate RCMP spin in the aftermath that only three officers were there, that the room was crowded, that they tried to reason with him, that when we saw the whole tape we would understand.
We also understand you need to prove that the officers felt themselves to be in danger.
But having a former Vancouver airport security guard testify that Dziekannski "made an attempt to squeeze the staples out" of the desk stapler he was holding for "five to 10 seconds", scratch that you say, maybe only "one to four seconds" is not helping your case here.
What we need to hear from the RCMP brass after 11 TASER™ deaths, is that something has gone terribly wrong with the RCMP recruitment process but you will fix it, or something has gone terribly wrong with the officer training program but you will fix it or something has gone terribly wrong with instructions given to officers as to when to use the TASER™ but you will fix it.
That there was the possibility of staples isn't cutting it and you RCMP lawyers should be ashamed of yourselves for thus embarrassing all the decent hardworking RCMP officers who had to listen to that crap yesterday.
Update : The Star : RCMP tightens rules on tasers
"Weapons potentially lethal, force says, and should be used only to protect officers, public"
... when "necessary" says RCMP Commissioner William Elliott
OK, but this isn't just about TASERs™, is it?
You keep spinning this as if it's all about the relative safety of teh TASER™.
- ► 2016 (57)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (129)
- ► 2013 (138)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- Petey "Airshow" MacKay, um, scrambles
- Viva Palestina! People without borders.
- MP George Galloway - Viva Palestina!
- Braidwood Inquiry : Dziekanski compliant after all...
- Braidwood Inquiry : A second RCMP officer recants
- Circling the wagons for TASER™
- Help Abdelrazik get a ticket home
- Braidwood Inquiry : First RCMP testimony today
- Ottawa continues to fuck Abdelrazik over
- National Geographic does the tar sands
- The Afghan Trap
- North America Next
- President Obama visits
- Hats off to BC Mary at The Legislature Raids
- Tin foil - not just for hats anymore
- Geography has made us neighbours ...
- Dziekanski may have shot staples
- Happy Darwin Day !
- The Amway, Blackwater, Focus on the Family Tree
- Binational poll on NAFTA and energy policy
- Chomsky : Understanding the Crisis
- Just another business expense
- Yes, why don't we say the Pledge of Allegiance in ...
- Afghanistan : Winning hearts, minds, and stomachs
- Paul Manly : "You, Me and the SPP"
- Film Etiquette : "Giving the finger" now officiall...
- Friday night news dump : ConservaLiberals drop Cad...
- Over 75% of infrastructure funds went to Con ridin...
- Update : 14-year-old girl zapped in cell for picki...
- Privatizing Hydro-Québec
- 14-year-old girl zapped in cell for peeling paint ...
- Rory Stewart on Afghanistan
- ▼ February (32)
- ► 2008 (356)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- Canadian Cynic
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada
- hairy fish nuts