The Star : "The Mounties involved in Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski's death at Vancouver's airport last year will not face any criminal charges.
When RCMP responded to a disturbance call about Dziekanski, four officers confronted the unarmed Polish man and less than a minute into the encounter, a Taser gun was used, jolting Dziekanski, who fell screaming to the ground. Video, captured by a bystander, shows officers piling onto Dziekanski. He died within minutes."
Two to four TASER™ jolts less than 25 seconds after entering the room actually, and then they stood around for 11 minutes afterwards doing nothing to revive him while waiting for help.
Without Paul Pritchard's ugly and incriminating 10 minute video of the whole event and his threat of legal action against the RCMP to get it back from them, we wouldn't even know what happened because prior to its release the official RCMP story was that there were only two cops and perhaps Dziekanski was a "drug mule" or had "an underlying medical condition".
And then there were the internal documents between the Canadian Border Services Agency, the RCMP, and airport officials on their own security tapes of the incident : "The material has been cleansed too much," read one.
BC's Attorney General will be explaining this exciting new legal precedent at a press conference later today : If a gang of four thugs attacks someone without cause, drops them to the ground and leans on their neck and chest until they are dead - no worries.
As to CBC's recent report that "four out of 41 guns tested actually discharged more electrical current than Taser International says is possible."
Well good on ya for this, CBC, but this isn't exactly news, is it?
"In 2004 Robert Bagnell was killed almost instantly after being shocked by a Vancouver police Taser.
"Engineering firm Intertek tested the two weapons fired during the Bagnell incident. Their research found while one Taser performed within a normal electrical output, the other was 30 times higher.
Taser International, a U.S. stun gun manufacturer, later disputed Intertek's test results. Since then, the two Bagnell Tasers were sent to the Canadian Police Research Centre in Ottawa for further examination. That was two years ago.
Victoria Const. Mike Massine, considered one of Canada's foremost police experts on stun guns, says Tasers are not tested by police. "I'm assuming (Tasers) are tested at the factory," he said. "We don't have the mechanism to do that."
Dr. Dawg : WHITEWASH :
"It's time to disband this "horribly broken" outfit. And it's time to break up the cosy little cliques that have developed between police and Crown attorneys. Lives may well depend upon it.
Until this happens, no one is safe from the bully boys in red serge. No one. There are no checks and balances, there is no accountability. The RCMP is literally out of control. Its officers are, unlike the rest of us, above--or outside--the law."
Follow-up post : Dziekanski's death his own fault apparently!
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (78)
- ► 2014 (129)
- ► 2013 (138)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (142)
- ► 2010 (279)
- ► 2009 (343)
- Would somebody like to sing "Do They Know It's Chr...
- Steve to Bruinooge : STFU
- Con MP inexplicably goes on and on about auctionin...
- "SPP : Kill it, recast it, or rebrand it"
- Best of the merry happy jolly
- And the little kid gets to keep his pony
- Six mil poly
- In a perfect world
- Steve's Big Stocking Stuffer Senate "Reform"
- Harper's CTV Christmas Special
- "Here's how we fix Canada's political mess"
- Man of Steel vs. the Incredible Shrinking Mandate
- Hello, soldier!
- "It's still Canada"
- It's Time To Go Right Off the Deep End.ca
- Dziekanski's death his own fault apparently
- Budget 2009 : Open door policy!
- No charges for RCMP who killed Dziekanski
- News, propaganda, psy ops - whatever
- Rumours of the coalition
- A coronation if necessary but not necessarily a co...
- Another great RepubliCon idea
- Olympic Athletes Village, developing...
- Manley : Screw the coalition - go straight for col...
- Dear leaders of the coalition : Obama-size now
- To the coalition : Keep Meeting
- Steve pulls the fire alarm and walks into the exam
- Prorogue just means recess
- HarperCons : Well, it's different when we do it
- The separatists are coming! The separatists are co...
- All the news that fits the spin
- Reality vs Steve ... and Chuck and Jim too apparently
- A Canadian coalition
- Emma the Embryo and Steve's FU fans
- Dear Con talk show shlocktroops
- ▼ December (36)
- ► 2007 (317)
- ► 2006 (286)
- 404 System Error
- A Creative Revolution
- Accidental Deliberations
- Another Voice
- April Reign
- Back of the Book
- Big City Lib
- Birth Pangs
- Blogging Change
- Bowen Island Journal
- Bread and Roses
- CREEKSIDE - THE SPP POSTS
- Canadian Cynic
- Canadian Progressive Voices
- Challenging the Commonplace
- Council of Canadians
- Cracked Crystal Ball
- Crawl Across the Ocean
- DAMMIT JANET!
- Dawg's Blawg
- De Koboldorum Rebus
- Dymaxion World
- Harper Valley
- Just Another Willy Loman
- Laila Yuile
- Leftist Jab
- Let Freedom Rain
- Liberal Catnip
- Mirabile Dictu
- Montreal Simon
- Moved to Vancouver
- Murray Dobbin
- Northern Insights
- Of Gods & Other Monsters
- Open Parliament
- Orwell's Bastard
- Paying Attention
- Politics 'n Poetry
- Public Eye Online
- Pushed to the Left and Loving It
- Q at North of Center
- Red Tory
- Resettle THIS!
- Rose's Place
- Runesmith's Canadian Content
- Rusty Idols
- Steve & Sandra Toons
- Terrible Depths
- The Black Ewe
- The Dominion
- The Galloping Beaver
- The Gazetteer
- The Regina Mom
- The Sixth Estate
- The Tyee
- The Woodshed
- They Call Me "Mr. Sinister"
- Thinking Aboot
- Thwap's Schoolyard
- Trapped in a Whirlpool
- Unrepentant Old Hippie
- Youngfox Canada
- hairy fish nuts